This image is from my installation at the MA end of year show in Oct/Nov 2016, based on my Matri-line walk. This Mini-guide describes the work I presented.
So I am now one year on from then. Here’s a summary of the art I have made, exhibited, and sold since then:
- Actually, some things happened just before the show, which do belong on this list- namely- Retracing the blood line map and matri-line stones, at Loitering with Intent at the People’s History Museum in Manchester, Jun-Oct 2016. Pechakucha presentation at Walking Women Artists day event in Edinburgh, Aug 2016.
- Membership of Leeds Print Workshop- sessions doing linoprint and cyanotype.
- More photography with new digital camera-Pic of the Day project.
- Participation in Landscape and Arts Network, Fourth Congress of Psychogeography and Creative Timebank, bookbinding workshops and book fairs.
- Keeping in touch with MA colleagues and friends
- Work included in show by Vis Comms students in support of Leeds Women’s Aid, April 2017
- Personal projects- gifts for close friends
- Two exhibitions of my ‘matriline’ work with a presentation to invited audiences, at Cafe Lento in Headingley, and friend’s house in Roundhay.
- Hand-made book included in LCA exhibition by Curation Cluster, Jul-Sep 2017
- Work selected for ‘Journey’ a show at Left Bank in Leeds, Jul 2017
- Stalls selling my work on consecutive Saturdays in Aug/Sep. Very rewarding and interesting.
Lots of life as well!
- Supporting my daughter and her husband with monthly visits to Newcastle to look after their toddler daughter, then spending a couple of weeks around the birth of their baby son in September. They got married in November 2016, which was also busy.
- My Mum had to move into a nursing home that year- I visit her about 3 times/week.
- Organise a monthly conversation event Cafe Feministique.
- Have an arthritic hip which has been a worsening impairment- due to have hip replacement op in October, of which more in subsequent blogposts.
- Friends, family, weddings, general elections, holidays, adventures….
- Work selected for Rebel Daughter, a women artists show commemorating the centenary of the first wave of women’s suffrage in 1918, at The Point in Doncaster, Jan-Apr 2018
- Working towards a show of the Matri-line work in Killingworth Library in May 2018
- Pitching my work to local venues for informal display/selling